Students needing technological assistance, should contact IT Help Desk at SHVHELP@lsuhs.edu or (318) 675-6506.
Below is a list of services IT Support can assist with remotely:
- Password Resets
- Email Configuration (Configuration of LSUHS or Ochsner email account in Outlook)
- Software Troubleshooting/ Installation/Removal
- Add/Removal of printers
- Virus Scans / Cleaning
- Editing User Permissions (Admin rights or remote user rights)
- Mapping network shares
- Assistance with connecting remotely as well as other connectivity issues
- Videoconference scheduling
Upon acceptance, each student is set up on the Microsoft Exchange email system. The IT Group administers the students’ usernames and pin numbers to activate their email accounts accounts. After email activation, students should proceed to the LSU Health Shreveport home page: https://www.lsuhs.edu/. Scroll to the very bottom menu and select “INSIDE LSU Health Shreveport.” Here you will find many important resources, including email and email password reset. Students’ email password will expire every 70 days after activation. Students are encouraged to check their student email accounts frequently as email is the main method faculty and staff send important information.
All students should read and understand:
Students have access to internet on the LSU Health Shreveport campus via the LSUHSC-SHV wireless network. To log-on, students should use the same username and password as their LSUHS email. Guests to the LSU Health Shreveport campus may access the internet via the LSUHSC-SHV-GUEST wireless network.
The Academic Student Self-Service portal is used so students can view student financial aid awarding, tuition charges, and academic coursework and grades. To access the portal, students may go to http://academicselfservice.lsuhsc.edu. Students should bookmark this site for future access. To log-on, students should use their LSUHSC network credentials.
Student Self-Service Highlights:
- Enrollment services enable students to view their class schedule, semester grades, update personal data, and print unofficial transcripts.
- Financial aid features allow students to track financial aid awarding and disbursement progress, view a list items needed to complete a financial aid file, view financial aid data by aid year, and accept, decline, or reduce awards for the current aid year.
- The account inquiry feature allows students to view charges, payments, and holds on their accounts.
Moodle is the LSU Health Shreveport Learning Management System. To access Moodle, students may go to https://sahp.lsuhs.edu/login/index.php. Students should bookmark this site for future access.
Computers, as well as printing and copying services, are available for student use in the LSU Health Shreveport Health Sciences Library (located on the first floor of the School of Medicine) and SAHP Student Computer Lab (located on the first floor of the Allied health building in room 1-132).
Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is free for LSUHS students. Students can visit www.office.com and login with their lsuhs.edu email address and password. Once logged in click on “Install Office.” This process can be done on up to 5 personal devices.