The primary mission of Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at Shreveport (LSUHSC-S) is to TEACH, HEAL and DISCOVER, in order to advance the well-being of the State, region, and beyond. LSUHSC-S encompasses the Schools of Medicine, Graduate Studies and Allied Health Professions in Shreveport.
To implement its mission, LSUHSC-S is committed to:
- Prepare learners for careers in health care service, teaching and research using state-of-the-art curricula, methods, and facilities.
- Provide a growing, diverse regional patient population with state-of-the-art clinical care, including a range of tertiary special services.
- Achieve distinction and international recognition for basic science and clinical research programs that contribute to the body of knowledge and practice of science and medicine.
- Utilize research and knowledge to support economic growth and prosperity of the region and State by engaging in productive partnerships with the private sector.
- Foster a culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes mutual respect for all.
To be a preeminent academic medical center that transforms health and health care for a diverse population through compassionate and patient-centered care, technologically advanced education, and transformative research.
Our Core Values
- Collaboration: We work together to serve our institution, state, nation, and global community.
- Compassion: We treat others in a caring, empathetic manner and aim to prevent and alleviate human suffering.
- Excellence: We foster a lasting spirit of inquiry and creativity, leading to outstanding evidence-based health care, impactful research and scholarship, and superb teaching.
- Innovation: We cultivate an ongoing, cooperative process of discovery and translate knowledge for the benefit and service of humanity.
- Professionalism: We act in accordance with the highest standards of integrity, ethical behavior, and exemplary moral character.
- Respect: We nurture free and open discourse, listen to new ideas, and value diverse perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, and talents.
LSUHSC-S General Faculty - July 29, 2021
LSUHSC-S Administrative Council - August 2, 2021
LSU Board of Supervisors - September 10, 2021